On Local PC
To getting strated, we have prepared some sample maps alongside different robots. For Example we run house_map model with three p3at robots as following items:
Open a terminal console with Ctrl+Alt+T and launch the house_map world map
git clone https://github.com/RoboCup-RSVRL/RoboCup2022RVRL_Demo cd ~/RoboCup2021RVRL_Demo/ colcon build source install/setup.bash ros2 launch rvrl_gazebo house_map.launch.py
As shown in this example, three robots are spawned in the environment, each of them can be controlled manually with the following procedure. You can also check the rvrl_gazebo/launch directory to find another or map examples.
In order to see the images of the robots’ cameras, open a new tab using Crtl+T, then use the following command
source install/setup.bash ros2 run rviz2 rviz2
You should be able to see this screen now
You have to make sure that the terminal window stays on top of the gazebo window while you’re operating.
- In order to move the robots,open terminal 1 with Ctrl+Alt+T to drive the robot1 with following command:
ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard cmd_vel:=robot1/cmd_vel
- You will see this screen on your terminal
- Open terminal 2 with Ctrl+Alt+T to drive the robot2 with following command:
ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard cmd_vel:=robot2/cmd_vel
- Open terminal 3 with Ctrl+Alt+T to drive the robot3 with following command:
ros2 run teleop_twist_keyboard teleop_twist_keyboard cmd_vel:=robot3/cmd_vel
- Open terminal 4 with Ctrl+Alt+T to get the robots image camera with following command:
ros2 run rqt_image_view rqt_image_view
On The ConstructSim
- In case you are working on ConstructSim, click on Web shell on the lower left part of the page.
- You will see the terminal open, act like local pc mode
- You can also visit the graphical intereface by followin picture